Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Slough - SL1 3UH

Apr 11th - AI 111 got me here to Slough, UK as part of a relocation that would be quiet long lasting to unwind in the next couple of years. I know it sounds really exciting and stuff but time flew and I was literally taken for a toss in terms of pressure in handling all the logistics, planning, purchasing and transporting. But whatever said and done, I have finally come down and drafting this from Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor at 3.25am our time :)

A year and a half - some good visible work, right amount of branding, packaging and marketing and ofcourse some goodwill has got me here I should say. I am humbly delighted about that and feel very happy in sharing this news with you guys as I have grown up with you in our classrooms and in this very forum. I would really love to have the next gettogether in this very beautiful and expensive city.. he he - who knows.

Trust me - if you ask me if this move has brought me the enthusiasm and happiness alone, then it is a clear cut no... Phew, how very demanding all this new world tactics are and 21 is not the age that you want to handle such pressure guys.. Haiyo, naan avlo paithiyam pudikra mathiri busy/stressed ah yen life la irunthathey illa - so many break points and pressure pipes. I am not exaggerating, it just went overboard too many times and i have been in too many crossroads where i had to meet expectations on 4 different directions - new work, old work, personal, relocation work. Its gruesome guys.!

So,... to give u guys an insight. I would be working on an ERP module called peoplesoft by oracle and this is for the HR application. Its a brand new league to me and i am definitely up for it. The city is pretty much similar to Gurgaon in a way that this is also an industrial township where you have a lot of immigrants, especially indians, pakistanis, bangladeshis and some meditteranian people as well. Like any other British neighborhood, this also has its own standard inspiring set of houses and their architecture. The climate - a must mention; very very cool (sorry, dont curse me for make this envious, he he). The city, the language, the lifestyle, the culture, the system, the discipline are all entirely different.

So hopefully, once i blend in - this is what i aim to do. Learn cooking, learn some new language and if possible become a better individual. ha ha. Will definitely miss all u guys - although we were not physically together to connect, we were always just a shout away. Moment of truth - things start to get a little far to reach!

2 comments:

  1. All the best Senthil.... Happy for u... but anga poium sight mattum adikaadha... do some useful work too ;)

    Then on peoplesoft by Oracle, even we use it and heard it to be too userfriendly.... So will ur work be maintainin databases??? or developin guis for these??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..Thanks buddy..

    Oracle Peoplesoft Implementation for RB is the role and i would be on the core project team who do the country wise requirement gathering, system prototype, implementation nd rollout.

    Hope that explains, else i ll brief u offline :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers