Monday, December 14, 2009

Proud to be a Citrite

Hey people :) Long since I even dropped into this URL :( But I must confess, I got to read only Senthil's. Now I understood why he has sent such a desparate mail!! -> This would have applied if I had posted this a week back when I intended to :P

The actual reason of not being able to drop in was increase in number of travels back and forth and helping new joinee's training[people do note this point just helping :)] adding on to existing work pressure. Wish one day was free at office as Senthil says!! I get up on every non-Tuesday/Friday hoping that the day will be little free and that I will be able to do some of my long-pending personal works. But damn it!! Somewhere or the other work jumps from say heaven :). These exceptional Tuesday's and Friday's are days on which we get weekly builds and bless them I hardly get time to eat on these days!

So going on to the actual content of the post, what Citrite signifies is a person working @ Citrix :) What makes me proud to be there is the fact that exactly one year before I was an apprehensive attendee of the session calling everybody in the vicinity a 'Sir'! Only a sir coz my team was all guys when I entered and beleive it or not now it has 7 girls including me, which is more the number of guys[6] :) Just one year past I am the host of the same session to my juniors. I must really accept that this company has the ability to shape people so well.

I took few sessions on basics of Perl and other product related sessions. If anybody is interested in learning Perl, I will share the presentation.

Hope all of you ppl already know this. Peria's joining has increased our batch size here to 3 :) max in any dual company I guess :) We beat our rivals RSA :)

Past few days went in breaking head for preparing few PPT's and updating few both for my work and for helping in training. And why is this helping coming into picture is because the new joinee's temporary mentor is quite close to me :) Called Gopal - he is a tamilian too :) Our team when spilt revolves on a single centre point on head of a Kannadiga - not equally balanced though. One side with 9 tamilians including the manager himself. And on the other 3 north Indians.

And well earned couple of hours for everyday were spent off the PC on a Jeffrey Archer's novel - The paths of Glory. Before starting the novel, not much aware of my mistake - wrongly referred Jeffrey's book to our beloved Jeffrey as "The glory of paths" :) A very good novel for anyone who has a bit of interest in climbing. I am still skeptical on the fact that it was Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay were the first the set foot on Everest's summit, yes I do beleive George Mallory succeeded in his attempt. But poor him to die sadly. Overall a good realistic novel.

At last oru vaaram poradi draft ready panni post panni mudichuten :) :)

5 comments:

  1. Citrites kum RSites kum potti ah... Besh Besh nalla nadakatum.!

    But prathy, ungaluku oru precious junior vera join panirukatha kelvi paten ! Congrats on that ;)

    Meenakshi, define the rules clearly.. Immediate Jrs also applicable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paths of Glory - naan innum padikalai - romba shame shame.!

    Koodiya viraivil vita edathil irunthu puduchu varen.. beware all u novel fanatics;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meenakshi, why dont u enroll for teaching in our department - it would be on the dart.! Seriously u re tailormade for that

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Senthil: Nope I dint include juniors. Why should we! :) And on the teaching line suggestion, I have given it a think. May be after marriage I might switch to teaching for sometime. But still have not decided on it fully :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers